Create a solution that allows Holland Bloorview to collect more accurate and relevant feedback from the children they work with.
Create a solution that allows all parties involved to share and update the patient’s progress.
Create a solution that helps therapists track a patient’s understanding of a subject and/or issue.
Create a solution that improves the ability of individuals who lack fine motor control to learn how to use switches.
Messages to Participants
- The solution should be flexible (customizable) enough to be used for any new service the hospital wishes to test.
- Targeting patients between 5-12 years old.
- Children are dealing with cerebral palsy, acquired brain injury, muscular dystrophy, amputation, epilepsy, spina bifida, arthritis, cleft-lip and palate, autism and other developmental disabilities.
- Patient progress will be shared between 3-5 people including teacher, parents, and therapists.
- The target audience for this tool is not tech-savvy.
- Patient data needs to be protected.
- Does not need to tie into a larger system – should be a stand-alone solution.
- The brain education course this solution could be used for has 5 modules (Brain Education, Attention, Memory, Social Skills and Executive Functioning). Each module may have several pop quizzes. We would like to be able to perform the same test repeatedly over time to see if there is an increase in understanding.
- Therapists, researchers, and doctors would be using this tool. Should be made for the non-tech savvy.
- Patients should remain anonymous.
- Solution needs to respond to a single binary input, such as pressing the spacebar on a keyboard.